Marietta Water Treatment Plant
The professional and qualified staffs of the City of Marietta Water Treatment, Distribution, and Backflow Departments have dedicated ourselves to producing drinking water that meets or exceeds State and Federal drinking water standards.
- Our Water Plant Operators must pass and maintain a valid State License in water treatment. The Water Plant Staff operates, monitors and regulates the wells and treatment plants. Our plant is in operation 24-hrs, 7 days a week and can be reached by calling 740-374-6864
- Distribution personnel also possess a State Distribution License. They are responsible for repairing and maintaining the water lines.
- An extensive sampling and analytical testing program is utilized. Over 600 water samples are tested to ensure that the quality of the drinking water meets or exceeds State and Federal standards.
- Monthly reports are required by the Environmental Protection Agency. Report data is based on numerous daily tests.
- Our Backflow Department follows the standards set forth in the Ohio Administrative Code, Chapter 3745-95, administered by the Ohio Environmental Protection Agency and defined in City of Marietta Codified Ordinance no. 927.08 (1990).
Committed to Water Quality and Service for over 100 years